houses for sale in mississauga
I thought I would provide a daily account of my small (8x6.6FT space) master bathroom reno experience to help others with their plan and/or learn tips to avoid.
Received 3 Quotes from 'recommended' Mississauga Contractors.
Questions to Ask the Contractors
1. What is your availability timeline to start the project?
2. What will your schedule of work look like? (i.e. Will there be avoidable delays during the project?)
3. What is your guarantee of work?
4. What is your liability insurance for the on-site workers?
5. Do you have a team with a proven/certified skill-set? Or do you hire new tradesmen on a per-job basis? (I should have asked this question!!!)
6. Will you guide/supervise/inspect the job daily?
7. Will you provide daily check=ins/updates? (i.e. Daily end-of-day update discussions with Contractor).
8. Will you stick to the budget of the quote? (i.e. are there extra costs that you anticipate?)
Quote #1 - Peel Tile: $23,000-25,000 + HST
Provided a 6-page quote, which was great because it had everything described in detail. A moderately easy to follow & review document. Fairness of price?...well, I think that number speaks for itself!
Quote #2 - Eric, an Independent Contractor $8000-10,000 + HST
Eric was heading out on vacation the next day of visiting my home and I received a two line email from the airport, providing an estimate cost, without any work descriptions. Also not available to start project for 6 months. Fairness of Price?...seem to be a fair ballpark but a little concerning without a full write-up of inclusions and exclusions of work to be provided. Potentially, full of surprises on the extra cost side-of-things.
Quote #3 - Goran, Manager at Swift Renos Inc. $8000-10,000 + HST
Goran provided a 2-page quote indicating full descriptions and included individual cost per task. Fairness of Price?...seemed to be fair. I felt the most confident with this quote presentation, so we chose to hire Swift Reno Inc.
Project delayed one day...
Completed demolition and removal of all debris. Job well done.
Delayed - Electrical work extra expense of $900.00.
Electrical work completed. LED pot lights.
Drywalling....and more drywalling.
DAYS NINE & TEN
Finished the floor priming for tiling!
Dry-walling in progress.
Day 25...DONE! and I LOVE it!
houses for sale